Gambit Corporate Finance LLP is pleased to announce the publication of its Social Housing Market Review.
- Provision of affordable housing continues to increase as a result of the Welsh Government’s ‘Taking Wales Forward 2016 – 2021’ programme.
- The move from Housing Benefit to Universal Credit (UC) represents the largest change to RSLs’ income streams for a generation.
- Collaboration and consolidation has been a prominent theme in the wider sector, particularly amongst mid sized organisations.
- As borrowing facilities approach maturity, It is a favourable time for associations to review their capital structures and debt positions well in advance.
- A wall of liquidity is currently available in credit markets, looking to be deployed by an ever increasing range of institutions – it is important to consider the full range of debt options.
- Interest rates are expected to continue rising gradually across major economies, but remain very low by historic levels – implementing a strategy in the shorter term is likely to be constructive, particularly for longer term funding.
- The full implications of Brexit on Institutions and markets is unclear and those with refinance dates either side of Brexit, may want to consider accelerating the process.
To read the full report click here