The most active legal and corporate finance advisers in the Welsh deal making community, over the past ten years, have been revealed by Insider.
The figures, sourced from Experian, showed that Gambit Corporate Finance was the most active adviser with 48 reported deals between 1 July 2006 and 15 July 2016, ahead of Grant Thornton on 46 and Deloitte on 38. The data has been compiled for a feature in Insider.
Gambit have completed a variety of deals over the period including:
- Sale of Tredz & Wheelies Direct to Halfords PLC
- Fundraising for Chromogenex
- Sale of Tyrells Potato Chips to Langholm Capital
- MBO of Bluestone Lesiure
- MBO of Peter's Food Service
Geraint Rowe, partner at Gambit Corporate Finance and Insider's Welsh Dealmaker of the Year in 2005 and 2015, named the acquisition of Cardiff City FC by Vincent Tan as the key deal for his firm during the period. Geraint went on to say;
“The sale of Cardiff City FC to Vincent Tan was a landmark deal for us as a firm in what it meant for Cardiff. This deal secured the financial future of the club and significant investment has been made since”
Gambit remain as active as ever and have also been nominated for three awards at this year’s Insider 2016 Wales Dealmakers Awards. The nominations include:
- Corporate Finance Advisory Team of the Year.
- Dealmaker of the Year – Geraint Rowe.
- Deal of the year – Sale of Tredz and Wheelies to Halfords, advised by Gambit Corporate Finance, Blake Morgan, KPMG and PwC.