Gambit Corporate Finance announces its review of 2020.
- The firm advised on 15 transactions during the year, including company disposals to both strategic and private equity-backed acquirers, acquisition support, management buy-outs, fundraising and refinancing assignments.
- Gambit was awarded ‘Debt Adviser of the Year’ at both the Finance Monthly M&A Awards and the ACQ5 Global Awards 2020. The firm has also received seven shortlisted entries for the Insider Dealmakers Awards 2020.
- Jonathan Stott joined the team as a Director and Koo Aseeley joined as an Executive. The firm made three promotions during the year, with Sam Forman becoming Associate Director, while Nick Gallagher and Michael Dunn were both promoted to Executive.
- The firm launched its ‘Gambit Assist’ service in April 2020, providing advice and support to businesses affected by the pandemic. As part of its ‘Business Support’ programme, the firm published a series of reports and webinars detailing the latest government support measures, with advice for business owners seeking to mitigate the impact of the virus.
- Gambit published its Survey of Welsh Company Exits 2000-2019, after compiling and analysing a database of c.1,400 corporate exits involving Welsh companies. The report revealed that over 80% of the acquired companies still remain active in the region, dismissing the notion that a change of ownership has a negative impact on the Welsh private sector.
To read the full review, please click here.
In this time of uncertainty and isolation, we would like to offer our availability provide support, answer questions, share best practice or simply be there to talk throughout this unique situation. We wish our colleagues, clients and network a safe and prosperous year ahead.